While looking at my calendar two weeks ago, I realized that my blog was fast approaching its first anniversary on wordpress and that I had better start doing something special in celebration for the occasion. Birthdays aren’t a huge deal in my family and we tend to keep things pretty low-key, but I figured that since it was DBJ’s first bloggyversary, I might as well go all out and make it a good one. But what could I do? Hold a contest or a random drawing? Write up a review for a drama since I haven’t released any new ones during the past year? Or should I just hand out some snacks and give a brief thank you speech?
And then I came up with the craziest idea ever, which you can see from the title of this post. Then again, I guess it’s not that wacked-out of an idea because there’s actually a ideal type quiz you can take on soompi for fun, but it’s mostly filled with idol stars whose faces I don’t recognize.
There wasn’t a particular reason behind this idea besides the fact that it fulfills my personal Kdrama dream of choosing one man among a slew of hot men. Heh, like any gal’s gonna say no to that, right?
Lo and behold, I present to you all my version of the game, Ideal World Cup — it’s a game that anyone can play!
How the game works:
Similar to the variety show, my Ideal World Cup starts off with 32 contestants in the first round, 16 in the second, and so on until I’m down to my last pair. Instead of just basing my choice purely off their looks or personal preferences, I’ll choose based off of a question that was randomly assigned to each pair. Even though I’m the one that will be determining who makes it to the next round, y’all can still play and tell me who YOU would choose and why. A poll’s included towards the end of the post. 🙂
How I paired the K-actors and assigned questions to each:
I first alphabetized each of the K-actors given to me by their last names and then assigned a number to them. I then used a random number generator to determine who was paired up with who, and to sort out which questions were given to each pair. Yay for stats? Here’s the entire list of actors that were included in this game:
- Cha Seung Won
- Eom Ki Joon
- Gong Yoo
- Ha Jung Woo
- Hwang Jung Min
- Jang Geun Seok
- Jang Hyuk
- Jung Il Woo
- Jung Kyeo Woon
- Kang Dong Won
- Kim Gab Soo
- Kim Hyun Joong
- Kim Jae Wook
- Kim Ju Hyuk
- Kim Nam Gil
- Kim Soo Hyun
- Lee Min Ho
- Lee Seon Kyun
- Lim Ju Hwan
- Oh Ji Ho
- Oh Man Seok
- Park Ki Woong
- Park Shi Hoo
- So Ji Sub
- So Ji Seok
- Song Joong Ki
- Uhm Tae Woong
- Won Bin
- Yeon Jung Hoon
- Yoon Kye Sang
I’d like to thank kaedejun, estel913, xiaoSxin, gummimochi, serendipity, and Blue1004 for contributing the names for the game. They were told to choose actors they either liked or disliked, and with the exception of kaedejun (because she also helped me out in the next step), they weren’t told what I was going to do with those names. Mysterious, I was.
As for the questions, I came up with a few but I was also very happy to have ripgal86, klutzow, momosan, svdbygrcty and kaedejun for helping me think up of questions for the game, especially on such a short notice too. Love you all!
Are you guys excited? I am! Let the battle begin!
FIRST ROUND OF 32 —
(My choices are italicized)
1. Imagine that you had too much to drink and woke up one morning and found a stranger in your bed. Who would that person be?
Kim Soo Hyun vs. Lim Ju Hwan
2. Whom would you rather have tell you he’s gay, but then find out later that he’s not?
So Ji Sub vs. Jang Hyuk
3. Who would you want to fall in love with but then discover that he’s your blood-related brother? (Therefore you two can’t be together because Fate sucks like that.)
Rain vs. Kim Nam Gil
4. Whom would you like to go horseback riding with (TPM style)?
Hwang Jung Min vs. Won Bin
5. Whom would you dress up in ridiculous outfits and take selcas with?
Kim Gab Soo vs. Gong Yoo
6. Who would you want to be wrist-grabbed by when you leave?
Siwon vs. Kang Dong Won
7. If you were to die of leukemia, whose bone marrow would you like to receive in order to save you (regardless of matching factors) so that you two will be bound together forever?
Uhm Tae Woong vs. Seo Ji Seok
8. Whom would you name your stuffed animal (aka a pig-rabbit) after?
Kim Hyun Joong vs. Song Joong Ki
9. Whom would you rather switch identities with?
Eom Ki Joon vs. Yeon Jung Hoon
10. Who do you think would look better bald?
Kim Jae Wook vs. Yoon Kye Sang
11. It’s your bloggyversary. Whom do you want to be kissed by?
Jung Il Woo vs. Jang Geun Seok
12. Whom would you not introduce to your girlfriends because you want him to be yours and yours only?
Jung Kyeo Woon vs. Cha Seung Won
13. Whom would you be more likely to talk about cars and sports with?
Park Shi Hoo vs. Park Ki Woong
14. Whom would you like to see in a sparkly tracksuit?
Lee Min Ho vs. Lee Seon Kyun
15. Whom would you rather see as a talk show host?
Oh Ji Ho vs. Oh Man Seok
16. Whom would you like to tango with?
Ha Jung Woo vs. Kim Ju Hyuk
END OF FIRST ROUND OF 32
Whew, that was fun! Round 2 will be coming right up later today! Were my answers similar to any of yours? Join in on DBJ’s first anniversary celebration and play the game by taking the poll! And if you have more time, please tell me who you chose too! 😀